Connect with us

State News

Abiodun Brags, Says He Has Done More Roads In Ogun

Published

on

Abiodun Brags, Says He Has Done More Roads In Ogun

Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun has bragged about his administration’s achievements, as he said he has done more roads in the state compared to his predecessors.

Abiodun said since he assumed office in 2019, he has constructed and rehabilitated over 80 major roads, Federal roads inclusive, totalling about 400 kilometres in the state.

“Over 80 major roads and others (Federal roads inclusive) totalling 400km have been constructed, reconstructed or rehabilitated across the state,” he stated

With the achievement, the governor stressed that his administration in the last three and a half years has more kilometres of roads than what the previous administrations could claim to have done.

“This administration in three years and six months has done more in terms of kilometres of roads than previous administrations in the State,” Abiodun said in a post on his verified social media handles.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

PDP Campaign D-G Reveals Wike’s Preferred Presidential Candidate

Published

on

Sekibo Reveals Wike's Preferred Presidential Candidate

Abiye Sekibo, the Director-General of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Council in Rivers State, has disclosed Nyesom Wike’s preferred candidate as Asiwaju Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

In response to the Rivers State government refusing to allow the PDP presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar to hold a rally there, Sekibo revealed this, claiming that Wike had instructed his people to support Tinubu instead.

READ ALSO: Tinubu Criticism On Naira Was Not Aimed At Buhari, APC PCC Claims

“We are aware that by credible information reaching us that Governor Wike has directed his loyalists, including all local government Chairmen, special adviser, commissioners, party executives at the state and local government level, and all other appointees to work for the APC presidential candidate, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu, even though you have not had the courage to boldly announce same to the people of Rivers State,” the PDP campaign D-G stated.

Remember that the location for the event set for February 11 was authorized by the Rivers state government in January, but that approval was later canceled.

But according to Sekibo, Wike instructed all local government chairmen, his cabinet members, his assistants, and executives to back Tinubu’s bid for the presidency.

The two senior PDP figures fell off after the PDP primaries, with Atiku choosing Ifeanyi Okowa over Wike, as the governor of Rivers State refused to support his presidential nominee.

Continue Reading

State News

Police Put Out A Manhunt For Ogboni Chief, Tajudeen Bakare

Published

on

Police Put Out A Manhunt For Ogboni Chief, Tajudeen Bakare

Tajudeen Olanrewaju Bakare, the Chief of the Ogboni Association, has been declared wanted by the Nigerian Police Force.

This was stated in a press statement issued by the force’s Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, following the virtualization of a video of him threatening public order with a riffle.

“Lagos State Police Command declares Tajudeen Olanrewaju Bakare wanted, Vows to deal with anyone engaging in breach of public peace.

READ ALSO: Tinubu Criticism On Naira Was Not Aimed At Buhari, APC PCC Claims

“Following the emergence of a video earlier this week showing a man wielding a pump action rifle and threatening public peace, the CSP Egbeyemi-led Rapid Response Squad (RRS), working on actionable intelligence, carried out a sting operation on the residence of the man in the Surulere area of the state,” the press statement read.

According to the police, three pump action rifles, one Beretta handgun magazine, one spent, and three live rounds were discovered at the suspect’s home.

As the culprit, Tajudeen Olanrewaju Bakare, eluded capture, law enforcement pleaded with the public for any relevant information that might result in his capture while maintaining the strictest discretion.

The force thanked Lagosians for their alertness and swift alerting of security forces, warning any troublemakers to avoid the state since anyone found wanting will be dealt with in line with the law.

Continue Reading

State News

LASG Orders Prosecution Of Owner, Driver Of Truck Involved In Ojuelegba Accident

Published

on

LASG Orders Prosecution Of Owner, Driver Of Truck Involved In Ojuelegba Accident

The Lagos State Government (LASG) has instructed that the owner and driver of the truck that squashed nine people to death in Ojuelegba on Sunday, January 29, 2023, be prosecuted.

The state government stated this in a statement signed by Gbenga Omotoso, Commissioner, Information & Strategy, who expressed condolences to the affected families.

The statement reads, “Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, after receiving an interim report of the incident, has directed the police to speed up their investigation of the matter, besides, he has given the following directives;

“The driver of the truck and the owner, who are in police custody, must be prosecuted; the Ministry of Transportation and Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) should meet urgently to find a lasting solution to the menace of falling trucks, and all the laws governing the operations of trucks and related vehicles must be enforced with more vigor and diligence.

READ ALSO: LASG Shuts Wonderland Lagos After Fun-seeker Got Electrocuted

“The incident of 29th January 2023 is one too many and it shows the irresponsibility of owners and drivers of such articulated vehicles who under the law should care for other road users.

“The Lagos State Government has zero tolerance for large containers that fall off trucks and injure or kill citizens, who are going about their lawful businesses. The driver (Sodiq Okanlawon) and the owner (Wasiu Lekan) of a container that killed three (3) people on the 26th of July 2020 on Oshodi/Apapa Expressway, Ilasamaja were prosecuted and convicted on the 28th February 2022 and sentenced to life imprisonment by Hon. Justice Okikiolu Ighile.

“The State Government will, in a similar manner, ensure that the driver and the owner of the truck involved in the January 29th incident are put on trial for the needless death of our dear citizens.

“This, we hope, will send a strong message to all those who have no regard for other people’s lives that Lagos will not condone their recklessness. They must be stopped, with the strong backing of our laws, because their actions offend our avowed commitment to safety and decency.”

The government identified Miss Blessing Isioma, Abdurahman Okoya Sunday, Felix John Ifeanyi, and Olatokunbo Basirat King as among the victims that perished in the tragedy.

Continue Reading

Trending