Connect with us

World News

Russia vs Ukraine: “This isn’t bluff” Putin threatens the West with nuclear war

Published

on

BREAKING: Putin Orders Military To Put Nuclear Forces On Red Alert

In a warning to the West that he wasn’t playing games when he said he would be willing to use nuclear weapons to defend his country, Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered Russia’s first mobilization since World War II on Wednesday and backed a proposal to invade large portions of Ukraine.

Putin approved a plan to conquer a portion of Ukraine the size of Hungary, called up 300,000 reservists, and directly invoked the threat of nuclear Armageddon in the continuing Ukraine war, which has seen the largest escalation since Moscow’s invasion on February 24.

“If the territorial integrity of our country is threatened, we will, without doubt, use all available means to protect Russia and our people – this is not a bluff,” Putin said in a televised address to Russia.

Putin claimed that the West was attempting to destroy Russia and was using “nuclear blackmail” by allegedly discussing the use of nuclear weapons against it. He also accused the United States of America, the European Union, and Britain of encouraging Ukraine to conduct military operations inside of Russia. Putin cited NATO’s expansion towards Russia’s borders.

Putin said, “In its aggressive anti-Russian policy, the West has crossed every line.”

“This isn’t a bluff. And those who try to blackmail us with nuclear weapons should know that the weathervane can turn and point towards them,” he added.

There have been conflicts between Russia and Ukraine for more than six months.

Several casualties have already been reported as of today.

The invasion of Ukraine was launched by Russian President Vladimir Putin due to political disputes between the two nations.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

World News

LGBTQ: Cuba Votes To Legalize Same-Sex Marriage

Published

on

In a national referendum, Cubans decided to legalize same-sex unions.

A new Family Code that will also permit surrogate pregnancies and grant gay couples the ability to adopt children was approved by around two-thirds of the electorate.

For Cuba, where homosexuals were persecuted and transported to labor camps in the 1960s and 1970s, it is a significant time.

However, conservatives and religious organizations strongly opposed the measures.

The new Family Code, a 100-page document that underwent more than two dozen versions and hours of discussion in local meetings, was the subject of the ballot on Sunday.

The Cuban government had supported the legislation reform and organized a massive statewide campaign to support it.

The country’s president, Miguel Dáz-Canel, said in a speech as he cast his ballot on Sunday that he anticipated the majority of people would do so and that the new code recognized the diversity of individuals, families, and ideas.

Preliminary results showed a “irreversible trend” on Monday, according to electoral council chairwoman Alina Balseiro, who spoke on state television, with 66% of the ballots so far counted being in favor of the reform. To become legislation, the measure needed to receive 50% of the vote.

The reforms were the fruit of the activists’ labors for LGBT rights in Cuba.

The Communist-run island’s official attitudes about homosexuality have evolved over the past few decades, in part because of Mariela Castro, the daughter of former leader Raul Castro.

Following the 1959 revolution, homosexual men and women were transported to work camps for purported “re-education” during the early years of communist leader Fidel Castro’s administration.

However, many in Cuba continue to resist the move, including conservative nonreligious groups and evangelical churches.

Some opposition groups also promoted a “no” vote, asking Cubans to take advantage of a rare chance to deny the communist-run government of the island nation electoral success.

Following a violent crackdown on all forms of dissent in recent years, some anti-government activists believe the referendum is an attempt by the state to repair its human rights reputation.

The vote also takes place in the midst of a severe energy crisis that has caused regular power outages that affect millions of people on the island.

Continue Reading

Travel and Tourism

Canada to Remove All COVID-19 Border Measures

Published

on

All remaining Covid border restrictions, including the requirement for traveler vaccinations, have been lifted, according to Canada.

Beginning on October 1st, travelers will also not be required to show documentation of their Covid vaccination, submit to any testing, or be isolated and quarantined.

There will be no longer be a mask requirement on trains and airplanes.

It will no longer be required to utilize the ArriveCan app to upload health records upon entering Canada.

The availability of Covid-19 vaccinations and treatment alternatives, said to federal health minister Jean-Yves Duclos, has helped Canada be in a far better position than it was early in the pandemic.

Another contributing cause is the nation’s high immunization rate, with almost 82% of the population having gotten two doses, as well as a declining death rate.

There are already 32 Canadians dying from the virus daily.

According to Mr. Duclos, Covid-19 cases are gradually increasing in Canada and there are indications of a rebound before autumn, but he stressed that this is “primarily explained by the domestic transmission of the virus.”

He stated that Ottawa is willing to reintroduce restrictions, particularly if a brand-new, highly contagious strain appears.

The US continues to require travelers to get certain vaccinations, and some US politicians have lobbied President Joe Biden to relax the remaining restrictions.

Earlier this year, entrance requirements for Covid were dropped by a number of nations, including the UK.

The “Freedom Convoy” protests in Ottawa against the Covid-19 mandates were organized in favor of truckers who refused to get immunized in order to cross the US-Canada border.

For two weeks in February, the Canadian capital was completely congested.

Supporters of the convoy also erected blockades at significant US-Canadian border crossings, obstructing the movement of commodities between the two nations.

After Prime Minister Justin Trudeau employed the hitherto unutilized Emergencies Act, which grants the government more authority during times of national emergency, the protests were eventually put to an end.

Early in September, the World Health Organization declared that Covid-19 mortality had reached their lowest point. However, experts have warned that the virus still poses a hazard, particularly if new varieties appear.

Despite the limitations being lifted, Mr. Duclos recommended individuals to receive booster shots and to keep donning masks in public.

Continue Reading

World News

Russia Concedes Mobilization Mistakes in The Face of Rising Public Opposition

Published

on

In the face of mounting public criticism, the Kremlin has acknowledged that its efforts to mobilize Russian army reservists to fight in Ukraine were flawed.

“There are cases when the decree is violated,” Russian President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman said, adding that “all the errors will be corrected”.

According to numerous accounts, people who lack military experience, are too old or incapacitated, or both, are being called up.

Massive protests have already been started as a result of last week’s mobilization directive.

On September 21, President Putin declared a “partial mobilization.” Later, 300,000 reservists would be called up, according to Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu.

The published version of Mr. Putin’s proclamation on the official Kremlin website left out (classified) one paragraph that was thought to be about the precise number of the compulsory reservists, according to sources in opposition Russian media, suggesting that up to one million individuals may be called up.

Many military analysts in the West and Ukraine believe that Mr. Putin’s decision to activate the reserves demonstrates how poorly Russian forces are doing on the ground in Ukraine more than seven months after Moscow began its invasion.

More than 2,000 people have been detained during protests around Russia since the mobilization announcement.

Dmitry Peskov, Mr. Putin’s spokesperson, acknowledged that errors were being made during a briefing on Monday.

In certain areas, “governors are actively attempting to remedy the situation,” he claimed.

Additionally, Mr. Peskov stated that he was not aware of any decisions to close Russia’s borders or implement martial law there.

According to earlier media reports, this could be done to prevent potential recruits from fleeing to another country.

A man badly hurt an army recruitment official in the Siberian city of Ust-llimsk on Monday, the latest indication of escalating public outrage.

On social media, there is video that appears to show the assailant approaching the cop and shooting him. After the shooter yelled for them to leave, people inside the building can then be seen rushing and shouting in fear.

People in the Russian region of Dagestan in the North Caucasus fought with police over the weekend regarding the mobilization effort. An independent Russian human rights watchdog, OVD-Info, reported that during protests in the regional capital of Makhachkala, more than 100 individuals were detained.

In addition, there have been allegations of many arson assaults on official structures like recruitment centers all around Russia.

Continue Reading

Trending