Connect with us

National News

FG Releases 2022 Common Entrance Result, Announces Highest/Lowest Scores

Published

on

FG Releases 2022 Common Entrance Exam, Announces Highest/Lowest Scores

The Federal Government has released the 2022 National Common Entrance Examination result, as Ajidagba Mariam from Sokoto State tops others.

The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, announced this after he was presented with the result by the Registrar/Chief Executive of NECO, Prof. Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi, in Abuja.

“Ajidagba Mariam Akanke, an indigene of Sokoto State with registration number 542121DG scored 202 as the highest mark while Obot Abundance Idara, an indigene of Akwa Ibom State, with registration number 550470BF came second with 200 scores. The minister said.

READ ALSO: Petrol Price Hits N180 Per Litre As Scarcity Hits Lagos

“The lowest score was 01 mark, and this was scored by fifteen candidates from various states. The state that registered the least number of candidates is Kebbi State, with 74 candidates.

“A total number of 71,738 pupils registered, with 34,030 being males and 37,708 females, but 68,638 (96 percent) pupils sat for the examinations and 3,100 (4 percent) were absent.

“The state that registered the highest number of candidates, is Lagos State with 19,518, out of which 18,787 sat and 731 were absent.

“FCT was second with 8,623 candidates that registered, out of which 8,317 sat while 306 were absent.

“Anambra State came third with 5,335 candidates that registered, out of which 5,070 sat and 265 were absent.

“Zamfara State was fourth with 4,500 candidates registered, out of which 3,745 sat and 755 were absent.

“The ministry would ensure that all admission processes are completed on or before Friday 1st July 2022.”

The Common Entrance Exams (NCEE) are conducted by the National Examinations Council (NECO) for admission into the first year of Junior Secondary School (JSS 1) of Federal Unity Colleges.

The minister added that parents/guardians can visit the NECO website: www.neco.gov.ng for details of the results of their children/wards.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

National News

ICPC Finds Billions In Cash In The Home Of Ex-Chief Of Army Staff, Buratai

Published

on

ICPC Finds Billions In Cash In The Home Of Ex-Chief Of Army Staff, Buratai

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has uncovered N1.85 billion cash in the home of former Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai.

This was disclosed by a source who pleaded for anonymity, as the cash is said to be part of the billions of naira earmarked for the purchase of arms and ammunition.

“Last week Thursday, ICPC officials stormed a house in Wuse area of Abuja, beside National Open University, and arrested a man, Kabiru Salisu after they saw N850 million cash in the house. The source revealed. 

READ ALSO: FCA Fines Bank £5.8Mn Over Counter-Terrorist Financing

“He claimed the money belonged to Tukur Buratai who was in Cotonou at that time.

“Officials of the ICPC took him to an office where another N1billion in cash was also discovered. Also, bulletproof cars, BMW, G-Wagon worth N450m were recovered.”

According to another source, the Ex-Chief of Staff is claiming the money found to be only N30m.

Buratai told newsmen via a call, that the anti-graft office had no warrant to search his property.

“Nobody obtained any warrants to search my place. He said by telephone.

Buratai, a retired Lieutenant-General was the Chief of Army Staff between 2015 and 2021. He is currently Nigeria’s Ambassador to Benin Republic.

Continue Reading

National News

INEC Refutes Claims Of CVR Extension

Published

on

INEC Refutes Claims Of CVR Extension

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has refuted claims of an extension of continuous voter registration.

This was disclosed by the Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman of the electorate commission, Rotimi Oyekanmi.

“INEC has not announced an extension of the CVR deadline. He said.

READ ALSO: INEC To Obey Court’s Order, Extend Registration Deadline

The declaration counters what had been earlier revealed by the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Electoral Matters, Aishatu Jibril, stating an extension to the exercise.

“The Committee held a meeting with INEC yesterday (Tuesday) and they agreed to extend the CVR by 60 days, all our resolutions were approved,” Jibril briefed lawmakers during a plenary session.

The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) had filed a case against INEC, for a further extension of the registration.

A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja had issued an order stopping INEC from ending the ongoing voters’ registration exercise.

The exercise, which was meant to end on June 30, has been greeted by calls for an extension.

The House of Representatives has faulted media reports associating it with the extension of the ongoing CVR.

The House Committee on INEC, Hajia Aisha Dukku, said the decision on the shift is left to Prof Mahmoud Yakubu-led INEC to take.

Continue Reading

National News

Owo Killings: Buhari Vows To Punish Perpetrators

Published

on

Why Nnamdi Kanu Can't Be Granted Bail Again -Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has vowed to punish those who are responsible for the Owo killings and other recent killings in Ondo and Kaduna State.

This was disclosed in a statement signed by the President’s media aide, Garba Shehu, as he described the attacks as politically-motivated, and aimed at diving the nation.

The statement read;

READ ALSO: Herdsmen Invade Catholic Church In Ondo, Kill Worshippers

“From the tragedy in Owo two weeks ago that shook our nation to its core, to the killings and kidnappings just this weekend in Kaduna State, it is clear that there is a design by wicked people to put the country under religious stress.

“President Muhammadu Buhari believes that our religious freedom, our diversity, is what makes Nigeria great. It is this diversity that gives Nigeria its strength. That is why Nigeria’s enemies seek to destroy it, by pitting us against one another.

“We will not let them. The nation will not be distracted or divided by these obviously planned and politically motivated criminal outrages. The perpetrators are cowards; weak and wicked men with guns murdering, in cold blood, unarmed women and children at their places of worship.

“As for the cowards, they will be punished for their crimes. We will bring them to justice. Rest assured that the full might of Nigeria’s formidable security and intelligence forces are involved in that endeavor.”

Recall, that on Sunday, June 5, 2022, some unidentified terrorists invaded St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State, killing scores of men, women, and children.

Continue Reading

Trending