Connect with us

National News

Nigerian Police Recruitment: Online Registration Further Extended

Published

on

Nigerian Police Recruitment: Online Registration Further Extended

The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has extended the ongoing online registration for the 2021 recruitment exercise to Saturday, January 22, 2022.

The force portal will remain open till midnight of the above date as interested and eligible Nigerians are to visit the site for application.

The extension of the online application is informed by the need to ensure equal opportunity and even spread of applications, particularly from States in the South-East, South-South geopolitical zones, and Lagos State, to enable them to meet up with the required quota for their respective areas.

READ ALSO: Rivers Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of University Final-year Student

A statistical analysis shows that a total of 81,005 applications were received nationwide as of January 7, 2022.

Out of this figure, only 1,404 applications – less than 2% of the total applications – were received from the five states in the South East and 261 from Lagos State, with Anambra State having the least figure of 158 applicants.

Consequently, the Force enjoins States and Local Governments, religious bodies, and other interest groups in the affected Geopolitical zones and Lagos State to assist in mobilizing and encouraging their citizens and wards to take advantage of the opportunity to seek a career path in the Nigeria Police Force.

Interested applicants are urged to log on to the NPF recruitment portal, www.policerecruitment.gov.ng to register before the expiration of the new deadline.

Applicants are further advised to call 08100004507 for any inquiry or complaints or technical difficulties in the use of the portal.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

National News

World Bank To Fund Rehabilitation Of Lagos Ports – NPA

Published

on

World Bank To Fund Rehabilitation Of Lagos Ports - NPA

The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has disclosed that the World Bank is set to offer a loan for the rehabilitation of Tin Can Island Port and the Lagos Port Complex (LPC) Apapa.

NPA’s Managing Director, Mr. Mohammed Bello-Koko revealed this stating that the funds will be offered if the concessionaires operating the affected terminals fail to commit to fixing the port on time.

While speaking to newsmen,Koko added that the apex bank had initially offered similar assistance some years back.

READ ALSO: World Bank: 95 Million Nigerians To Be Poor In 2022

He lamented over the two-week notice he and his colleagues gave operators before entering the terminal for inspection.

“Termination of the concession agreement NPA has with some terminal operators if they failed to invest in the port infrastructure they had been using for the past 10 to 15 years is on call, Bello-Koko said.

“The affected five terminal operators are being monitored to ensure the right things are done as stated in the agreement.

The Authority’s MD said the introduction of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) Act by the Federal Government meant that the renewal of concession agreements for terminal operators was done according to the law or guidelines.

“We have had interest from the World Bank, IFC, Afri-Exim Bank, and others. Surprisingly, it was the World Bank that actually gave money to the NPA to construct the part of Apapa port so many years ago. The World Bank has come again to tell us that if we need funding, they will give it to us, he explained.

“Tin Can Island Port, we all know what is happening there. The port is practically collapsing. We need to focus our budget on the rehabilitation of those quay walls at the Tin Can port. We have taken a holistic review of decaying infrastructure at our ports and have decided that it is very important that we rehabilitate Tin Can and Apapa port.

“What we have done is to start talking to lending agencies, even though we don’t intend to lend. We are telling the terminal operators that you people have operated these port terminals for about 15 years. How much money are you going to invest in these port terminals? We are telling some of them that their leases have expired, how much will they be investing in the ports?

Continue Reading

National News

Soludo Visits Detained Kanu, Says Killings Not Performed By IPOB

Published

on

Soludo Visits Detained Kanu, Says Killings Not Performed By IPOB

The Governor of Anambra, Charles Chukuma Soludo has visited Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) leader, Nnamdi Kanu in detention.

Soludo, after the visit had said that Kanu had claimed that the killings in the South East were not performed by members of IPOB.

“I visited Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, yesterday, (Friday, 13th May 2022) to felicitate with him and also as part of the wider consultations with critical stakeholders in search of lasting peace and security in the South East. Soludo said.

READ ALSO: 2023 Elections: Peter Obi Promises Women A Seat At The Governance Table

“He was in very high spirits and we had quality and frank discussions in a very convivial atmosphere”.

“He expressed sadness over what he described as “sacrilegious killings” of innocent persons, kidnappings, and all forms of criminalities, including the brutal enforcement of the senseless “sit at home” perpetuated by sundry groups claiming to be acting for or on behalf of IPOB”, Soludo said.

The governor said the IPOB leader, assured him that if the opportunity arises, he will be glad to personally broadcast to his followers to maintain the peace.

Kanu was arrested last year and charged with alleged treasonable felony and terrorism, allegations he has continued to deny.

IPOB, the group he leads, has been accused by the Federal Government of various acts of criminality and violence, especially in the five southeast states of Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, and Imo.

Continue Reading

National News

Police Debunks Media Report On Death Of Girl Captured In Video Sleeping With Dog

Published

on

Police Debunks Media Report On Death Of Girl Captured In Video Sleeping With Dog

The Lagos State Police Command has debunked media report of the death of the girl who was seen having sexual intercourse with a dog in a viral video.

The police spokesperson, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, disclosed this in a statement tagged “Girl captured in a viral sex video with dog dies of Infection”, is fake.

“The attention of the Lagos State Police Command has been drawn to this publication which, dated May 10, 2022, and credited to one Kayode Ajiboye of Independent Newspapers.

READ ALSO: Nigerians Slam Apostle Johnson Suleman As His N*de Leaked

“As this borders on an ongoing police investigation, the Command reached out to the author of this article for information that would help the police conclude close and the investigation.

“Shockingly, however, the author claimed he could not verify the story but simply lifted it from an online blog.

“The author did not also credit the original source (plagiarism) of the news in consonance with simple ethics of journalism.

“He also made no attempt to fact-check the news, thereby making himself susceptible to the spreading of fake news, especially knowing how critical and sensitive the facts in the issue were.

“It is the duty of every Nigerian to support the police in an ongoing investigation, it is criminal to publish false information with the intent to mislead the public.

“It is equally criminal to subvert criminal investigation and obstruct police officers in the discharge of their duties.”

Continue Reading

Trending