Connect with us

General News

Sultan Describes Secessionists As Satan

Published

on

Sultan Describes Secessionists As Satan

Muhammad Saad Abubakar lll, the Sultan of Sokoto State, has described secessionists in the country as satan.

While speaking during the commissioning of the ultramodern Hajj Camp in Bauchi, Abubakar said they (the secessionists) are satan because they are promoting disunity in the country, thereby giving rise to insecurity.

He, therefore, urged Nigerians to continue to live in harmony and not allow some few elites to use them as tools for destruction.

The Sultan’s words: “Do not let Satan create animosity between you people, in fact, there are so many Satans in this country, Nigeria.

“So many people are doing a lot to dismantle this country and l believe we have a duty to rise up to the occasion and challenge those few elites saying they must control this country.

“We must let them know that yes we have a role to play and nobody can force us to do what they want us to do.”

He further stressed that the only way to change any government is by voting and not the other way round.

“Like my dear brother, Sheikh Sanni said, your vote is your power, you can change any government by voting. Don’t allow anybody to steal your vote and it’s time for you to reorganise, strategise and have excellent leadership in this country,” he stressed.

While calling for urgent actions by concerned authorities to restore the confidence of Nigerians, Abubakar added: “Leaders should always strive to do what the people want because it was the main reason they were voted into power by the people. What the country needs now is excellent and purposeful leadership.

“Leadership has been bestowed on us by Allah, He expects us to be just, fair and equitable to all. We should know that one day, we will all give an account of our stewardship in the hereafter.

“It is incumbent on us as leaders to discharge our responsibility to the best of our abilities. The followers are looking up to us for effective leadership. That is what we have to do in order to make the country better.

“There is the need to promote peace and peaceful coexistence in the country because it is only in an atmosphere of peace and tranquility that development and progress can be made.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

General News

Reuben Abati: Buhari In Charge Of Nigeria

Published

on

Reuben Abati: Buhari In Charge Of Nigeria

Reuben Abati, the former spokesman to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has said it is evident that President Muhammadu Buhari is in charge of the country.

Abati was commenting on Buhari’s interview with ARISE TV last week Thursday.

Several critics including Wole Soyinka, Nobel laureate, and Aminu Tambuwal, governor of Sokoto state, had claimed that Nigeria is being run through proxies and that Buhari is not in charge of the nation’s affairs.

Some others have alleged that the president’s spokespersons have been airing their opinions and not those of their principal.

But Abati, who was among the team that spoke to the president, said the interview proved that Buhari is in the know of things in the country.

He said the president is in charge and “showed no hesitation in restating some of his reported views and taking ownership of them despite the controversial nature of those views”.

“His submission to a media conversation is also a form of protection for his spokespersons. Many have accused Garba Shehu, Femi Adesina and Alhaji Lai Mohammed of speaking for themselves, and not for the President, but we have all seen a President, speaking for himself, whose views do not contradict what his aides have been telling us,” Abati said in an opinion piece.

“Our interview with him also proved the point that there is no doubting the fact that President Muhammadu Buhari is effectively in charge. He knows what is going on. And he showed no hesitation in restating some of his reported views and taking ownership of them despite the controversial nature of those views.”

Abati said the Buhari interview “has further revealed how divided we are as a nation”.

He urged the president to address Nigerians more often.

“Whoever advised President Buhari to grant media interviews last week and also address the nation on Saturday, June 12, did him a big favour. The intensity of media appearance was a good move, even if it came rather late,” he said.

Advertisement
“Every President has his or her own style but deliberately playing possum should not be part of that style. President Buhari should speak more often to Nigerians. He should sit down at Presidential media chats.

“Nigeria is not a feudal system where the aristocrat treats the people with disdain. In a democracy, the man of power is accountable to the people who expect their leaders to continually justify why they must be in power and office.”

Continue Reading

General News

Daily Headline News (Tuesday, 15-6-2021)

Published

on

Here are the top 5 news of the day.

Continue Reading

General News

Outrage Over Demolition Of 12 Churches In Lagos

Published

on

Outrage Over Demolition Of 12 Churches In Lagos
Image used for illustrative purpose

There has been outrage over the demolition of 12 churches on 2nd Avenue, FESTAC Town, Lagos State, by officials of the Federal Housing Authority.

It was gathered that a market and a car mart were also affected in the exercise carried out on Sunday.

The demolition started around 5am and continued till around 3pm.

The leader of the Gate of Righteousness Evangelical International Church, Pastor Joshua Obong said he started his ministry in the community 18 years ago and wondered why his church was targeted for demolition.

He said, “The officials first came last week and started marking our buildings. After they were done, they left and returned two days later. That was when they gave us a seven-day notice, which expired last Wednesday.

“On Sunday morning, around 5am, we suddenly saw bulldozers at the First Gate, FESTAC Town. They got to my church at exactly 11am; they demolished all the churches along the road, except the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Communion Chapel and CPM, which they spared. All other churches were brought down.”

Obong said there was no other warning prior to the seven-day notice.

He claimed that the government took advantage of the strike action by judicial workers, adding that nobody could approach the court for injunctions to stop the demolition.

“We wrote to them, seeking extension of time, but the letter was not even acknowledged,” he added.

One of the demolished buildings

The Overseer of Christ Gospel Church International, Pastor William Ehiorenren, said a senior government official had advised them to send a lawyer to Abuja to sort out the matter.

He stated, “He promised that they would not touch any church till the lawyer returned. Our lawyer was still in Abuja when they came on Sunday, a day of service, and demolished our churches. The lawyer called all their staff members, but they switched off their phones.

“We heard that they want to re-allocate the land and sell to moneybags and make millions. I have not seen where seven days would be given for people to vacate their property.

“We have been in that area for years and we spent millions of naira in building our churches. They could not even give us time to move, because they had mapped out their evil plan to sell the land to people.”

Ehiorenren said his church usually paid tenancy rates to landlords, who he claimed had legal claims to the land.

The cleric accused the government of leaving certain churches because their leaders had political connections.

He explained that his church was not served any notice of demolition.

The Deputy Director, Social Security and Intergovernmental Relations, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Lagos State, Pastor Barnabas Otoibhi, said 12 churches were demolished by the government.

He explained that the owners of the churches cleared a swamp and built their structures, adding that the affected worship centres had been in the community for between 13 and 20 years.

According to him, the government accused the pastors of “encroachment and erecting illegal structures.”

Otoibhi, however, queried why the demolition was carried out without adequate notice and while some of the occupants were asleep.

He said, “We are wondering why the government would do this on a Sunday. Are they now working on Sundays? Is it the government that is doing this or somebody that is powerful in government or a politician is behind this?

“The notice they sent to them, they called it final notice, without serving them any previous letter. We asked that they should be given time. We were discussing this when the bulldozers came in on Sunday morning. The first church was pulled down at exactly 5.45am. Aside from the churches, they also cleared those selling cars in that line. Only a few buildings were spared.”

The cleric said a protest was planned for today (Tuesday) to kick against the “shabby manner” in which the churches were treated.

Continue Reading

Subscribe to our Newsletter



Trending

Subscribe to our Newsletter