Connect with us

Metro

Police Arrest Suspects For Killing Shell Staff

Published

on

Police Arrest Suspects For Killing Shell Staff

Operatives of the Intelligence Response Team led by a Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, have arrested members of a gang known for dating scams and kidnapping.

The suspects were identified as Michael Eneji, 30; Nwachukwu Emeka, 22; and Success Okeke, 27.

Amongst the crimes they were arrested for was the killing of Progress Benin Disi, a worker with Shell Oil Services Company.

Using the same method, the arrested suspects were also accused of killing one Michael Victor, after hooking up with a supposed “lady” on a dating site, Tinder.

The “lady” lured him to an isolated area and killed him.

Unfortunately, Victor didn’t know the “lady” he had been chatting with on the dating site was actually a man and member of a five-man gang, which specialised in using dating sites to lure people to lonely spots and thereafter collect their valuables.

The suspects do not only pretend to be women but rich women.

According to police, on January 12, 2021, the family of Victor lodged a complaint that he had been missing since January 6, compelling the police to launch an investigation and also began tracking of his phone.

Through intelligence gathering and with support from the Technical Intelligence Unit, Force Headquarters, Abuja, Eneji was arrested with two of his members.

Police recovered one AK-47 rifle and three magazines tied together, loaded with 18 rounds of live ammunition.

The suspects were said to have confessed to having killed Victor on the very day they kidnapped him.

They led operatives to Old Onne Road, where they had left Victor’s corpse.

It was, however, discovered that the Divisional Police Officer-in-charge of the jurisdiction, a Superintendent of Police, Chukwuma Emeka, had already recovered the corpse and deposited it at Okirika General Hospital.

Eneji, who got his BSC in Business Administration, confessed that aside from posing as a female on dating sites, he also used to carry out some operations, pretending to be a Naval Officer.

 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

Police Arrest Ex-Convicts Over Robbery

Published

on

Police Arrest Ex-Convicts Over Robbery

Men of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested two ex-convicts, Abiodun Oshoba and Mustapha Sakiru, for allegedly robbing one Aminu Iliyasu of his Bajaj motorcycle at gunpoint.

Both suspects reportedly served their jail terms in 2020 and allegedly formed a robbery gang while in prison.

They were arrested following a complaint lodged at the Sagamu Police Station by the victim.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday.

Oyeyemi said the victim reported that the suspects boarded his motorcycle with number plate SGM 965 as passengers and asked him to take them to the Conference Hotel at the GRA Quarter, Sagamu.

He stated, “On their way to the place, the suspects brought out a gun and ordered him to stop. They subsequently dispossessed him of the motorcycle and made away with it.

“Upon the report, the DPO, Sagamu Division, CSP Okiki Agunbiade, mobilised his men and in conjunction with members of a vigilante group in the area blocked all the exit points of the GRA and commenced stop-and-search.

“Their efforts yielded positive result when the motorcycle was sighted at one of the exit points with Abiodun Oshoba with the number plate folded.

“On sighting the policemen, he abandoned the bike and took to his heels. He was chased and apprehended by the policemen. His arrest led to the apprehension of his accomplice, Mustapha Sakiru.”

The PPRO added that a locally-made pistol with one live cartridge was recovered from them.

According to Oyeyemi, preliminary investigation revealed that the duo met at the Igbeba Prison, where they served different jail terms, and decided to form a gang after their terms in the prison.

“While Sakiru Mustapha was jailed in 2016 for hijacking a truck, Abiodun Oshoba was jailed in 2019 for snatching a phone; both of them came out of prison in 2020 and decided to continue their devilish trade,” he added.

Continue Reading

Metro

Policeman Writes Petition Against Colleague Over Assault

Published

on

Policeman Writes Petition Against Colleague Over Assault

A policeman attached to the Special Investigation Bureau, Federal Capital Territory, Inspector Ajayi Oludare, has petitioned the FCT Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, over an alleged unprovoked assault by his colleague, Inspector Lawson Nwasigozi.

Oludare stated that Nwasigozi of the Department Logistics Supply and Works attacked him with a piece of firewood at their Garki Barracks, Abuja residence.

In the petition dated January 29, 2021, the inspector explained that he nearly lost his life as he suffered head injuries from the heavy blows he received from Nwasigozi on November 28, 2019.

Narrating his ordeal, Oludare said he had just taken his bath and was returning from the common bathroom to his apartment when he saw Nwasigozi, who was his neighbour, moving towards him in a strange and violent manner.

He stated,” I stopped to allow him passage when I saw the way and manner Nwasigozi was coming. He hit me with his shoulder and I fell down and before I knew what was happening, he took a piece of heavy firewood used by his wife in cooking and smashed it on my head while on the ground.

“The attack caused brain injury. While lying on the ground in the pool of my own blood, he kept hitting me. When my family heard my dying voice, they rushed out of our apartment and shouted for help.

“I found myself at the Asokoro General Hospital when I regained consciousness. I realised during a medical investigation that I had brain injuries four days after the incident.”

Explaining the cause of the attack, the petitioner said for over 10 years that they had been neighbours, Nwasigozi had always intimidated every occupant of the barracks, saying he was older than everybody and deserved to be accorded great respect.

But Nwasigozi denied the allegations, saying Oludare had always antagonised him and once threatened him with his service pistol.

He stated, “On November 28, 2019, I was walking down the passage when he tried to attack me with firewood. I blocked him but he hit me in the leg; I seized the wood from him and hit him in the head. Since the incident, I developed high blood pressure and there is no month I don’t go for check-up at the hospital.”

The FCT police spokesperson, ASP Mariam Yusuf, said the command was investigating the assault on Oludare.

Continue Reading

Metro

Construction Worker Falls To Death From 8 Storey Building

Published

on

Construction Worker Falls To Death From 8 Storey Building

A construction worker, Steven Magilo, met his untimely death after falling off the eighth floor of a building under construction and owned by Lekki Gardens, a property company in Lagos.

The incident happened at the Royal Palm Drive, Osborne Foreshore Estate Phase 2, Ikoyi, Lagos State.

It was gathered that the 30-year-old was confirmed dead in a hospital in the community, as the matter was reported at the Dolphin Police Station.

However, the Chairperson of the estate, Chinwe Ezenwa-Mba, accused Lekki Gardens of negligence, saying it was not the first time such a tragedy would be occurring in their buildings.

She said, “Lekki Gardens is the owner of the property from which the young man fell and died. This is the third time in a space of months that workers will be falling off their buildings and plunging to their death. They have no regards for human lives.

“Reports to relevant authorities concerning their atrocities fall on deaf ears; immediately you mention Lekki Gardens, it’s like a no-go area to the authorities of Lagos State.”

Chinwe said the Lagos State Safety Commission initially sealed off the building after the estate reported Magilo’s death, adding that in less than a week, it was reopened.

The Estate Manager, Olushola Odukoya, faulted the decision of the state safety commission to reopen the building.

He said, “The company’s safety officers told me that the victim was doing overload by trying to get things from a crane when he fell off and died. But to us on the estate, we know that enough safety measures were not taken.

“In the last seven months, this is the third occurrence, which they acknowledged and wrote to us. But this last death, they didn’t want us to know, so they quickly removed the body because they knew we would not take it lightly with them.

“We always try to monitor their constructions to see that they are in accordance with the approval they got and the safety measures the estate wants in place. However, because of the peculiarity of Lekki Gardens, they feel they own the state and try to fence us off and do whatever they like, and that’s why we call on the authorities to come in and do the needful.”

Continue Reading

Subscribe to our Newsletter



Trending