Connect with us

Sports

Anthony Joshua Says He’s Prepared To Go To Final Bell Against Pulev

Published

on

Anthony Joshua Says He's Prepared To Go To Final Bell Against Pulev

World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua said he is prepared to go to the final bell when he puts his WBA, IBF and WBO belts on the line against Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev on Saturday.

Britain’s Joshua will start as clear favourite in front of 1,000 fans at Wembley Arena for the fight that was postponed in June because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I’m prepared to go to the final bell. I’m a 15-round fighter, not a 12-round fighter,” Joshua, who reclaimed his titles by beating Andy Ruiz in a re-match in Saudi Arabia 12 months ago, said at an amiable news conference on Thursday.

“I can carry my stamina, my boxing IQ, concentration and strength until the final bell.

“I will definitely get hit. He will get hit too. I’ll be the last man standing.”

Pulev, 39, was prevented from fighting Joshua in 2017 because of injury but says he is ready to cause an upset.

“I have waited a long time. I knew this fight would come again,” he said. “Now I am healthy. I’m not 22 years old, of course, but I am ready now. I have everything to be champion.”

Joshua’s only defeat came against Ruiz in Madison Square Garden in June, 2019. That shock defeat, he insists, has made him into a rougher fighter.

“The pressure I went through last year was tough, made me mentally stronger, it made me grow a thicker skin,” he said.

“What have I got to lose? I have everything to gain. Because I took a loss to Ruiz? That isn’t enough to change someone like me. I’ve got a lot of character.”

Pulev, like Joshua, has only one professional defeat on his card, a knockout by Vladimir Klitschko in 2014.

Joshua, who has not fought in England since beating Alexander Povetkin in 2018, said the fact that a limited crowd will be allowed in to watch the fight was not a factor.

It will be good for the fans but I’m just focused on Pulev,” he said. “No disrespect to the fans but I’ve got a serious challenge and that’s all I’m thinking about.

“When I win I can enjoy it afterwards.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sports

Wolves Signs Matheus Nunes For A Cub Record

Published

on

Wolves Signs Matheus Nunes For A Cub Record

Portuguese midfielder, Matheus Luiz Nunes has joined English Premier League club, Wolverhampton Wanderers for a record fee.

The club announced the signing in a statement released on their official website, revealing a five-year deal.

“Wolves have completed the signing of highly-rated Portugal international Matheus Nunes from Sporting CP for a club record fee. The club wrote.

READ ALSO: Destiny Udogie: Tottenham Signs Nigerian-Descent Defender

“The 23-year-old dynamic midfielder, who was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, has penned a five-year deal at Molineux, with a one-year option, bringing an end to his successful stint in Lisbon.

“An exciting talent, Nunes didn’t blossom until later in his youth career having moved to Portugal at the age of 12, with the midfielder still playing local football in the Lisbon Football Association until he was 19, before signing with Estoril in the summer of 2018, where he joined a side including new Wolves teammate Toti.

Speaking on the signing, the Wolves chairman, Jeff Shi disclosed his excitement about the young talent joining the squad.

“Matheus has had two excellent seasons at the top level in Portugal with Sporting and is widely regarded as one of the most exciting prospects in world football, so we are thrilled that he has chosen the Premier League and Wolves as the next step in what we hope will be a fantastic career.” He said.

Now linking up with several of his international teammates, the midfielder arrived at Compton Park on Wednesday, and after completing his medical, will join Bruno Lage’s squad ahead of the Premier League fixture with Tottenham Hotspur this weekend.

Continue Reading

Sports

Destiny Udogie: Tottenham Signs Nigerian-Descent Defender

Published

on

Nigerian-descent profession left-back, Iyenoma Destiny Udogie has joined English Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspurs from Udinese.

Nigerian-descent profession left-back, Iyenoma Destiny Udogie has joined English Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspurs from Udinese.

The Lilywhites announced the signing in a statement posted on the club’s website, disclosing the contract to be a 5-year deal.

“We are delighted to announce the permanent signing of Destiny Udogie from Udinese. The club wrote.

“The defender has agreed on a deal that will run until 2027 and will return to the Serie A side on loan for the remainder of the 2022/23 season.

READ ALSO: Alex Runarsson: Arsenal Loans Out Goalkeeper

“Having progressed through the ranks at Hellas Verona, Destiny made his professional debut in November, 2020. The following year, he joined Udinese on loan – a deal which turned permanent in July, 2022 – and in his debut season with the Italian side he made 37 appearances in all competitions, scoring five goals.

“An Italy Under-21 international, Destiny made his debut for the Gli Azzurrini in September 2021, in a European Championship qualifying fixture against Luxembourg. He has four caps to his name to date.

Udogie expressed his joy in joining Tottenham, revealing that it is a big honor for him, extolling the club’s history.

“I always knew that football was inside me, was always been my dream since a child, I started when I was four years old. He revealed this in his first interview at the club.

Continue Reading

Sports

Alex Runarsson: Arsenal Loans Out Goalkeeper

Published

on

Alex Runarsson: Arsenal Loans Out Goalkeeper

English Premier League Club, Arsenal FC have loaned out Icelandic professional Goalkeeper, Rúnar Alex Runarsson, to Alanyaspor.

The 13-time Premier League winners disclosed this in a statement on its official page, announcing two years since the goalie joined the Gunners.

“Alex Runarsson has joined Turkish Super Lig side Alanyaspor on a season-long loan. The statement read.

“The 27-year-old goalkeeper joined us in September 2020 from the French side, Dijon FCO.

READ ALSO: Thousands Signs Petition Against Anthony Taylor Over Impartiality

“The Icelandic international spent the 2021/2022 season on loan in Belgium at OH Leuven, where he made 20 appearances in all competitions.

“Everyone at Arsenal wishes Alex all the best this coming season with Alanyaspor.

“The loan deal is subject to the completion of regulatory processes.”

The President of the Turkish club, Alanyaspor, Hasan Çavuşoğlu praised the 27-year-old at the signing ceremony.

“Our transfer efforts continue. We have included goalkeeper Alex Runarsson from the Arsenal team in our squad for a 1-year loan. He also plays for the Icelandic National Team. We believe he will contribute to our team. He came from an important team. Welcome, and I wish him well. Çavuşoğlu said.

“I am very happy to be here. We have been in contact for a long time. From the moment I stepped inside the club, there was an incredibly warm welcome. I can’t wait to meet my teammates. I hope I will be useful for Corendon Alanyaspor. Let our fans support us. We are there for them on the pitch. We will try to get the best results. Runar Alex Runarsson said.

Continue Reading

Trending